In this modern age having a bank account is an essential thing for almost everyone. We use to pay bills through the bank. If you are a businessman you need a bank account for your business transactions. Even you are doing a job these days you get your paycheck deposited into your bank account. Normally people keep their surplus money in the bank account to make it safe instead of keeping cash at home because there is a risk of theft.
Choosing the right bank account
There are different types of bank accounts which banks offer. To choose between the bank account it depends on the needs of a person or company. In reaching your financial goals choosing the right bank account is very important. In so many types of bank accounts, the best ones are the one which has low fees, high-interest rates on savings and a lenient policy when you overdraft.
Types of bank accounts
There are so many types of accounts but there are six common types of bank accounts that are opened in the bank.
- The current account or checking account is used for the unlimited access to your money that you can deposit or withdraw unlimited time and you have no intention of earning interest on your deposited amount. Mostly this account is suitable for business purposes.
- Saving Account is used to deposit the surplus amount into the bank and you do not need to withdraw this amount regularly. You can earn interest on your deposited amount if you afford to keep the amount in a bank account for a long time.
- Money market account is a mix of current account and saving account where the account holder makes his or her access limited to the account normally low rate of interest is paid by the bank on the deposited amount.
- A certificate of deposit (CD) account is used when an individual puts the amount in the bank for the specified period. The amount can be withdrawn at a certain point in time.
- An individual retirement agreement account is suitable for the person who wants to save money for their retirement. The bank pays a high rate of interest on the deposited amount.
- The brokerage account is useful when you want to invest your money but do not want to be penalized for taking your money out before the age of fifty-nine and half.
Banks offer the verity of accounts it depends on the user which account fits their financial goals. So it is very important to know about the nature of the bank account and the facilities you can get on your bank account from the bank you select. Everyone should know about the nature of accounts before it is very important to have a suitable bank account these days. Always make a wise decision while selecting the bank and bank account.
We hope this article helps you choose the right bank account for business or personal use.